The big-name Red October factory building was established in 1889. Back then, it was owned by a confectionery company called Einem.
In the factory building Russia's first steam engine for the production of chocolate was established. At that time, it was the biggest chocolate factory in Russia.
During a major spill of the Moskva River the factory was partially flooded.
During World War II, pastry production almost stopped. Instead, the factory was re-equipped to produce porridge concentrates and flare pots
After the war, the Red October introduced a new production technology: the complex-mechanized production lines for caramel and candy.
In 2002, the Moscow city government has proposed a reconstruction project, according to which the Red October building was to be replaced by a residential complex.
Since March 2011, the Digital October Technology Center is located in the building.