Startup of the Year 2012 Award
The “Startup of the Year” 2012 prize ceremony, founded by the Higher School of Economics, held at the Digital October center on December 4. The “Startup of the year” award is like the Oscar of the startup world; the event brings together some of the most successful and promising innovative companies from all over Russia.
A webcast of the event was available on the official site of the ceremony. The winners were awarded trophies in the shape of golden apples and special prizes from the event’s partners. The awards were handed out by famous businessmen, entrepreneurs and inventors, all of whom are successful and ready to share their knowledge and experience with the next generation of business stars.
The 15 companies competing for the top prize in the following five categories have been announced:
- Best innovative startup. Investment Director of the Runa Capital venture fund Gaidar Magdanurov gave out the trophy for this nomination.
- Launch of the year/Quick start. “Business environment” (Sberbank Russia) Director Vladimir Gabriel presented this award.
- Global startup. PwC Center for Technology and Innovation Director Anton Abashkin handed out this prize.
- Best socially important startup. Livejournal Marketing Director Oleg Barmin presented the Golden Apple in this category.
- Team of the year. This is a special nomination. The prize was awarded by Pruffi Headhunting Department Manager Yana Mineeva.
In addition, the audience voted for another winner out of a number of finalists during the event, who was handed the prize by SAP Labs CEO Dmitry Armyakov.
RVC CEO Aleksandr Potapov and the Executive Director of the Foundation for the promotion of venture capital investments in small businesses in science and technology of Moscow, Aleksei Kostrov, opened the ceremony.
Blogger and radio host Aleksandr Plyushchev hosted the evening.
You can find more information about the prize, finalists and winners from previous years at www.award.hse-inc.ru.
The “Startup of the year” award was created the HSE Business Incubator and is supported by RVC and the Department of Science, Industrial Policy and Entrepreneurship of Moscow.